Monday, January 26, 2009

Make Something Monday - Smoothies

Make Something Monday

I am far from a health nut, but I've been doing my best to change my lifestyle and become healthier and happier. One of my main issues is eating empty calories. I've always enjoyed sodas, sweets, and fast food, and these are the worst culprits of empty calories. I've recently made it a point to eat breakfast every morning. This is supposed to be our most important meal of the day, and it really sets the tone for your nutritional choices throughout the day.

I was given the tip that you add spinach to smoothies and you can't even taste it! I was, understandably, skeptical but I gave it a chance this morning. Oooh, how yummy! I bought 2 bags of frozen fruit, one berries one mixed. I added a couple handfuls of these, about 1/2 cup of organic white grape juice and a good handful of spinach in the blender. It all started swirling around, the shapes becoming less and less distinguishable, and low and behold a rich purple is what poured out into my cup. I couldn't taste even a hint of the spinach, and the fruit was so delicious and perfect for a morning jump start.

So, next time you're worried about eating your greens, power up a yummy smoothie and you'll never know the difference!

post signature

Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

0 comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.