Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I Know What You're Thinking

"But it's WORDLESS Wednesday!" And yes, I am aware of that. But I've been changing things up on my blog, putting together a new layout (did you notice?), trying to build up a following of people who enjoy reading my stuff, and then it occurred to me that there isn't much that is personal about this blog. I think that's a mistake. I love blogging, it's a new passion but I do love it, and it's become a huge part of my life, and it's unfair to keep that huge part of my life entirely separate from the rest of my life. So, I know I already have an about me section, but this is more like getting to know me. We're going to go a little bit deeper. Can you handle it? *doing my Beyonce jiggle* I don't think you can handle this! OK, now that that's all out of my system, let's get this show on the road.

I think you already know the basics. I'm 25, my name is Heather. I have been married to my Hubby for nearly 5 years and in that time we have produced the 2 most beautiful boys there ever were.. no, really. Just look.



This is Henry. He is the one I describe as my 3 year old "hell on heels". He never stops. NEVER. It's very tiring sometimes. But, he is such a smart boy, and his energy can be infectious, when it's not being utterly exhausting, and he loves his brother and loves making him laugh which can make a mama's heart melt quicker than butter in a 475 degree oven. He is my big boy. My bubby. The one I tell he is the handsomest Henry there ever was, and I love him more than any other 3 year old on the planet. Our lullaby is Baby Mine from Dumbo, and now he sings it to his brother. Such a sweetie... when he's not being a typical 3 year old terror. My Henry.



And this is Luke. My baaaby. My chunky monkey, for obvious reasons. I call him my laugh factory because, well, he's pretty much always laughing. He is such a goof and always trying to imitate his brother (Lord help me!). He loves music more than any child that I've ever seen at his age. He dances to it, he sings to it, he falls asleep to it, he even head bangs. Yes, you read that right. He loves giving kisses and hugs and snuggles, but he also likes being a stinker and shaking his head no and laughing when you ask for any of those. Like I said, stinker. He is more layed back than Henry, but also more demanding. Because of his love for music we have a few different lullabys. I sing Stay Awake from Mary Poppins, and that's his favorite, but his close second is one that I made up for him called Your Lullaby . I've debated on recording myself singing it and posting it, because it really is the perfect simple lullaby. But this is about Luke, not me, so that's him. My big little boy, my booger butt, my chunky monkey, my booger bear. My Luke.

Have you had enough of my jabbering yet? Yes? Oh, well, too bad. I'm still talking. Let's get back to you listening and me talking, shall we? Great! So, I've lived in Alabama almost my entire life and we just recently moved to Illinois because of the Hubby's job. I like it up here. The cold is harsh but mostly bearable. I love the snow. Talking googly eyed, mushy muscles, could stare at it all day long, love! The hubby, however, is not quite so infatuated with it. The pretty snow has worn out it's welcome for him. So who knows if we'll stay in Illinois, or head back to Alabama, or go somewhere totally new!

I don't have many hobbies, but at the same time I have alot of them. I named this blog Grab Bag Reviews because I feel like that's how my head is. You never know what you're going to pull out of it, and part of that is due to the ever changing list of "constants". That's probably an oxy moron because, really, how can something be a changing constant.... but then again with phrases like invisible ink, and hot chili, and easy labor I don't feel like such a big offender. But anyway, oh yea, did I tell you I ramble a lot and like to go off on tangents? No? Well, now you know. So anyway, I have found interest and talent in a lot of different types of tasks. The unchanging constants in my hobby life are photography, reading, and music. Those 3 have been a big part of my life for years. Sometimes I don't have the energy or time to keep up with them like I should, but they are always close to my heart.

Then there are the hobbies I've picked up and tried, and then never really tried again. Like crocheting. I kind of sucked at it, but I wasn't totally hopeless. Either way, I'm not doing it anymore because it made my hands hurt. Then there is scrapbooking. I didn't care for it, although I love doing graphics work. I think I like photos themselves too much to clutter them up with scrapbooking doodlies. Other things I've tried and not kept up: working out (HAHAHAHA), cross-stitching (which I'm good at, and do like on occasion but it's hard to engross myself in something so long term), writing (I don't have the focus to do much more than a blog, and, as you can see, sometimes that is a challenge!), sewing (I need a sewing machine to continue this), and who knows what else I've tried that I can't remember.

I have obsessions too. It had been a very long time for me, but then the Twilight Saga ignited my obsessive side that had since died with Hanson. Yes Hanson. What of it punk?! *ahem* So I love Twilight - the books, the movie, I have a cell phone charm, 2 shirts, and I've made I can't tell you have many graphics. Oh you wanna see?? Perfect! Lovely, aren't they? *sigh*








Ok, enough Twilight. I'm sure there isn't a person who knows me that isn't sick of hearing me talk about it. Like I said, obsession.

And yep, that's me. Not everything, but the cliff notes of my adult life. I hope this gives you a bit more insight into who I am and why I do what I do. There is tons to comment on, so I'm open! I'll leave you with a pic of me and the Hubby! My favorite wedding picture.

Photobucket
Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

5 comments:

Erin Tales said...

handsome babies!

by the way, there is a wordful wednesday too. LOL.

Misty said...

THIS is the Heather I love so dear! Your doing a great job on the blogging!

The Savvy Mama said...

Hi Heather! Your boys are adorable!

In answer to your Swagbucks question, it took me a few weeks to rack up the points for the Amazon card, mostly because it was based on my own searches alone. Now that I have some family and others signed up under my account, I'm hoping to accumulate at a faster rate! :)

Hope that helps. Thanks for stopping by my site!

AnniKae said...

ah...thanks for sharing. If my vote counts, I say post your lullaby songs on your blog. I wish that I could sing, but Rock Band kicked me off stage 3 X's so I guess I'll stick with sewing. Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering to win the fun Christmas Apron.
Happy Day!

 
Clicky Web Analytics

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.