Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's The Simple Things That Mean The Most


While on vacation last week, I spent a a lot of time away from Grab Bag, and it gave me some much needed perspective. I am probably the most unorganized person under the sun (thus the Constructive Chaos tagline) and that can cause me to really lose focus of what my priorities are and, more importantly, what they should be. I realized how much time I was wasting and how inefficient I was at my housework, blogging, and taking care of myself. It also really opened my eyes to the amount and quality of time I was spending with my boys, as opposed to the what it could have been.

This morning we made muffins. Well, I made muffins while the boys salivated, but I still involved them in the process. I mixed, they tasted, my oldest threw away the garbage, and we all set the timer and then subsequently ran to the kitchen when it beeped. Then we all enjoyed our fresh warm muffins together.

Time. It's such a precious commodity, and one we treat as though we'll never have enough of it. I heard a quote while I was driving home that said (and I'm paraphrasing), "God gives us enough time in everyday to do everything he wants us to." How about that! We are given exactlly the right amount of time, and if we squander it, waste it, misuse it... that's OUR fault.

I don't want to wish there were more hours in my day. I want to use the hours, minutes, and seconds that I have to their full potential.

What are some ways that you use your time wisely, and how do you keep your priorities straight?


Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

2 comments:

Marianna said...

Excellent post Heather. This is really something I need to work on because right now I don't think I'm using my time wisely at all.

Unknown said...

Great post. I have also been reconsidering my priorities and time management. I plan to really start working on it this week.

 
Clicky Web Analytics

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.